Tuesday

All Natural? Strawberry tooth whitener and Coconut oil moisturizing cream


So I'm going all natural. Or at least as natural as someone with my attachment to Sephora can.  I am about to try making deodorant, laundry detergent, astringent, moisturizer, air freshener, hairspray, soap, toothpaste and stuff in the kitchen. We have given up (we being the young one and myself, the hubby eats what he wants at work) artificial colors and flavors along with any kind of sweetener not made by God or his buzzy creatures. We are eating a lot of whole foods.

So far I have successfully made a tooth whitener out of strawberry and baking soda. I used it today. While the effects were not as pronounced as GoSmile I have ZERO sensitivity and the slight yellowing around my gum line is gone and me teeth are a shade plus whiter. (No judging, I drink 3-4 cups of coffee, hot black tea, and a glass of red wine daily)

All you have to do is mush up a ripe strawberry to a pulp and add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of baking soda, brush the mixture onto your teeth and leave it for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse and brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste. Do NOT do this more than once a week. If done too frequently the acid in the strawberries can eat away the enamel on your teeth.

I also began using coconut oil as a moisturizer (just rub a mall amount between your fingertips to heat it up into a liquid and apply it in upward and outward motnions, OR you can add a little grapeseed or avocado oil to make it more of a liquid). Obviously it's BPA/phalate free, fragrance free, etc. It is also a natural antiseptic so I'm hoping it will help clear any potential breakouts. I'll keep you in the loop.

I will keep you updated on the trial and errors of the next few weeks!

PS: I am not, have never been, and will never be a doctor of anything. (This includes dentistry) Please check with your personal doctor or dentist before using any home remedy :)

Pin It!