The weather has gotten cooler. That means it's time for fall comfort food. For us, that is a lot of orange. I LOVE ORANGE!!! Food, that is. Pumpkin, sweet potato, squash, and curry (no, curry is a spice, but work with me :). I had some stuff around and this lovely concoction turned out to be very tasty, so I am sharing. I would love it if you left links with your favorite orange food recipes!
You need:
1 pound of ground chicken
3 cups of baby spinach leaves chopped
3 heaping tablespoons of madras mild curry, divided (or your favorite GF curry powder)
1 can of coconut cream
1 1/2 cups sweet potato soup
1 egg
1 sweet potato, sliced thin
olive oil spray
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take your chicken and brown it with 1 1/2 TBS of the curry powder. As it gets almost done, lower the heat to medium low, stir in the chopped spinach and cover until the spinach is wilted and the chicken is cooked through.
Combine the coconut cream, sweet potato soup, egg and curry and whisk together well. Spray a glass casserole dish with the olive oil spray and add the chicken and spinach mixture in first. I do it with a slotted spoon so I leave the chicken fat in the saute pan. Pour the sweet potato mixture over the chicken, top with the sweet potato slices and give them a light spray to help them crisp up.
Bake this in the oven for 45 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. While it is finishing uncovered, prepare quinoa with chicken broth to serve with it. Or you can make rice, we just try to do a lot of whole grains here.
Yum! Top your chosen accompaniment with the bake and enjoy!
