OK. These are actually from around Father's Day. As Mr. T has gotten faster and faster, I cannot snap photos lest I risk paint flying all over my dining/living room area and perhaps even up to the ceiling. Yes, he is that good. :) Aren't all toddlers? But, he does do well with the little paint pots. He has great coordination and has a ton of fun coloring and painting. And yes, even with my "help" there is still a mess to be cleaned up when we are done, and every bit of it is worth it to see how he lights up just from dipping a paint brush into a pot.
This project was a little kit that came with two cars. We painted them both, let them dry, and sent one to Poppy and one to PopPop. Daddy was slightly jealous. He likes wooden cars. But aside from trying to contain the painted area of my home, Mr. T did an amazing job painting these two beauties. Little ones really are excellent artists. I hope we can always foster this in him. He is such a little creative!
And so Daddy didn't feel left out, we got this little gnome at Target and Mr. T and Daddy painted this together one Saturday morning. Again, Daddy was in charge of paint containment, and Mr. T painted by himself. I freely admit to putting this in my curio cabinet where it will remain for the next 45 years or so.
What sort of art projects do you and your little ones like to do?




