Thursday

Remembering Mary

how must Mary have felt


And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.  Luke 1:38

I cannot help but wonder how Mary felt. Being a first time mother is so very scary. But to be the mother of Jesus, I imagine that is even scarier, yet more peaceful at the same time.

When you are expecting, you can literally feel God knitting that small person inside your womb. And you pray so hard. "Father, let them love You with all their heart, mind, and soul. Let them be healthy and happy. Let them be loving, smart, gracious, good listeners, kind, full of Your fruit and love . . . " You want it all for that child. But what is "all"?

I believe Jesus Christ, that tiny baby that grew into a man into our Savior is that "all". I believe that our most fervent prayer should be "Father, let this child belong to You. Follow You. Love You. Believe in Your son. And let them act accordingly." I believe that as mothers we should all be so humble in service to our Lord that when He gives us these precious little blessings, no matter what, we should all be like Mary in our acceptance and gratefulness for having been blessed. During this Christmas season, I always remember this song, and as a mother it means so much more to me now. I hope it will bless you and yours.




The Mommy Mess

Pin It!