Monday

The Great Cloth Diaper Adventure


So we've been slowly dipping our feet into the world of cloth diapering. In an effort to save money and to speed up the potty learning process with Mr. T (who does great on the days mommy is diligent about the cloth diapers). So far, I can't say as it's been an inconvenience, and I have even made a fitted diaper out of Mr. T's prefold. But before you go "ewwww", consider this. Even disposables are supposed to be scraped before they are thrown away, and your washing machine is going to wash many poop covered outfits and blankets before your little one is out of diapers. And they make some awesome CDs now. Above, Mr. T is modeling a BumGenius Albert print all in one. It's exactly like a disposable, but reusable and good for a lot wider weight range.   and it's the coolest diaper print I've ever seen :)


Mr. T hanging out in his new fitted, sans cover. I made the prefold into a fitted and covered the outside with a Sesame Street flannel I found at Walmart. I also made a couple wipes and have just enough left to make a soaker with the same flannel cover when I get some cottton/hemp blend fabric ordered.


And playing outside in his new diaper. The cool little T shaped piece holding it on  is called a Snappi. I don't do diaper pins. At least not yet.

We are planning on doing exclusively cloth with Mr. Bean, due July 20th. And we are working on our stash. So money wise, we will have spent roughly $200 for enough diapers and wipes to last from birth to 20 pounds. That's a much better ROI than disposables, and with Mr. T laundry is an every other day at the least thing anyway. I also like that it isn't putting so much gunk in the landfills, and that these are so not your grandmothers cloth diapers. There are so many different styles, sizes, prints, shapes and fabrics to choose from there is literally a fit for every family.

I have a great list of Facebook groups and co-ops, CD safe detergent links, free online patterns, and such I'll be posting as we go. If you haven't considered it, look into cloth. I'm having a blast with it!

Pin It!