Tuesday

Refreshing Summer Toner


Summer wreaks havoc on my skin. I get sunburned, oily, and this summer, I'm pregnant to boot so my skin is way out of whack. I just made this delightful little toner and I love it! Plus it was super easy.


 Remember this flower? Well once it had lived out it's days in the vase and the petals began to fall off, I took the petals, tore them into small pieces, and added them to 4 oz of witch hazel on a glass jar. I added a chamomile tea bag, put the lid on and set it on the back of my kitchen counter in a dark corner for 4 days.


Not too pretty, eh? BUT I strained it through a small mesh sieve, added 1 oz of alcohol and 3 oz of filtered water and 15 drops of calendula oil. Shook the living daylights out of it, and put it into a tiny spray bottle to use as a refreshing mist, and left some in the pour bottle for when I need more than a spritz (like for the aforementioned sunburns). I love it! It smells good, but still has a slightly pungent witch hazel smell, but once it is dry you can't smell a thing.

Rose and Chamomile Toner

Petals from one large (preferably organic or homegrown) rose bloom
4 oz witch hazel
1 chamomile tea bag
1 oz alcohol
15 drops calendula oil
3 oz filtered water

glass jar
mesh seive
small spray bottle

Put 4 oz of witch hazel in a glass jar, add chamomile tea bag and tear rose petals and add to the witch hazel. Leave in a cool dark place for 4 to 7 days. Strain contents through a mesh sieve and throw away the rose and tea bag. Add alcohol, calendula and water and shake well to mix. If desired, put some of the solution into a spray bottle for a refreshing mist.




Pin It!