Mr. T turned 3! And oh, how he loved his firetruck cake! We are on a gluten, dairy and soy free diet currently and we got his amazing cake from Magnolia Manor Sweets. It was awesome! I have to say that as mortified as I was that Mr. T licked his cake, I was ecstatic to see him using his tongue in an actual licking motion. We've been working on that for a while. He had his tongue clipped in August and is finally getting the hang of using it, so I couldn't get *too* mad.
His diet (gluten, dairy, and soy free) is definitely helping and we have also been seeing Dr. Rob at Alternacare and the difference is really remarkable! Getting his internal systems working properly is really making a big difference in his behavior and his speech seems to be improving more rapidly than before. I definitely recommend finding holistic practitioners for your entire family, not just our sweet special needs kiddos.
Here are some great resources I have found so far:
CASANA These folks are awesome! And I love the motto, "Every child deserves a voice". That is our ultimate goal!
Babies Can't Wait and Early Intervention - find your local contacts!
A good Speech Language Pathologist - email me if you are local to Newnan and I'll give you our SLPs information.
A great pediatrician. We see Dr. Jill at Vibrant Kids.
Apps Mr. T loves that he will mimic:
Bug GamesLittle Writer for Kids
And for focusing he LOVES Super Stretch yoga!
And find some good mama or daddy friends! Having a great support system is imperative!
I would love to know your favorite apps and resources for your little ones, even if they aren't little anymore!
You can purchase this great magnet from the Apraxia-Kids.org site. The picture links you directly!

