This post contains affiliate links. Please see the disclosure page for more information.
I got crafty with the glue gun, some scrap fabric and a couple fern pieces we got 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I wanted to make a cute book basket for the boys bedroom and the canvas scrap I had was perfect! I think it looks adorable between their matching rockers. The basket was actually part of a lovely gift from Mr. T's baby shower. My how time flies!
There are a few things worth keeping your 3 year old up way past their 7:30 bedtime for. Chasing fireflys is definitely one of them. Mr. T had the biggest time chasing down the bugs, and we even found (ick, I touched it! Major milestone for this boy mom!) a tiny frog in the front yard. You can see the little guy below. Mr. T was very gentle with the firefly he caught and when we were finished we let them all go from his Sunny Patch Bug House
On the gluten free front this week, I baked a YUMMY loaf of bread! So exciting! And we are doing better with converting regular recipes to gluten free, too. It's trial and error but if it keeps Mr. T healthy it is worth it!
I finished the birdhouse as Mr. J requested in Rock City fashion. I forgot to put away the paint pen and Mr. T was so proud of the two letter "t"s he drew and his squiggle that I couldn't even get upset. I'm thrilled that he loves to write and draw so much!
The aforementioned frog. Cute, right?
And the biggest reason I haven't been on much this week. The homeschool room which is still Mr. F's bedroom and also the playroom. The closet is on the honey-do list of Mr. J. Full built in shelves on one side and a very cool reading nook on the other. I'm thinking it may be Poky Puppy themed. I want the boys to have a quiet retreat where they can hang out when they need some alone time.
You can't see much of it, but one of my absolute favorite things is on top of the book shelf in the picture. A laminator. If you have preschoolers you need one! This is the one I have: Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System (TL901)
The chair is mine for read aloud time. There is also a Cars rug that is designated "sit here" space during read aloud time. If you want some great read aloud suggestions, The Read-Aloud Handbook
Mr. F is growing and teething. He is also a bed hog. We are hoping and praying that his teeth come through and he returns to sleeping better very soon!
We had some super sweet friends, Mary and her little G, stop by and they brought us lots of goodies and we were able to have tea for a few minutes and chat. Mr. T played with the Magnetic Dress-Up Doll
We have 2 of those cafe chairs. They are not aging well, so I'm in the process of recovering and repadding the cushions and refinishing the wood. And with two boys, it is definitely a process! Did I mention I'm also refinishing out kitchen table top? It's a summer of projects!
I love having people over for tea. It's as much about the cups and saucers and scones and the warm fuzzy feeling of settling down to really share a moment with someone as it is the tea. Though good tea is as important as good chocolate and I have long been a loyal sipper of Republic of Tea
I hope you have a blessed weekend!
Lara
We are linked up here:






