This post contains affiliate links. You are never charged additional fees and we thank you for supporting our homeschool! Please see the Disclosure Page for more information.
I found a new favorite way to fix green beans and all 3 boys ate them! Bacon, coconut oil spritz, coconut sugar sprinkle, salt and pepper and bake. Soooooo yummy!
The boys have been enjoying their teepee from Poppy a lot! I think it's fun to watch them play together in it. I wish I had one to hide away in sometimes.
Mr. F discovered he
I have enjoyed some awesome sleepy snuggles with both boys this week. They grow up so fast and I want to remember every second of sweetness. I've been told I will need that when they hit tween/teen years. They are so very precious to me. And I love how sweet they are when they play together. They just light up and have this unbelievable bond already. God is so amazing in the grace and goodness He showers us with that it brings me to grateful tears regularly when I'm watching my boys.
Having a dedicated school/play room is so much more awesome than I thought it would be! We are working hard on Mr. T's manners and character training. I'm working on our "Helping Hands" and will be posting about that system very soon. It's still a little bit of a work in progress. I keep catching him in the reading nook with his favorite books. The Little Engine That Could
And I'm vacationing in Tennessee as I write this post. We are visiting family. There is no guarantee on the time you get with the ones you love. And that has been impressed upon me so many times the last few months that I am planning on being very intentional about visiting more. No excuses. Busy is a choice and when I get to the end of this life I don't want busy to have defined the important moments, or the really important ones I missed because I was "busy".
We visited a really neat fossil site with Mimi. The boys had a big time. I can't wait till we get to take them to the Creation Museum. We had a lot of fun learning about the methods they use to get the bones out!
All those yellow bags are actually the clay they dig up to get the big bones and they wash it in mesh trays to find little fossils, pollen, insects, etc. I'm totally formulating a fun water play learning activity so we can do this at home. It will go right along with D is for Dinosaur
The boys and I took Great Grandmother June to dinner at the Firehouse. (I'm about to tell my age here) I had my very first job at this restaurant when I was 17 years old. It's been almost 14 years to the day since I worked here. And the BBQ is just as awesome now as it was then!
I have 2 new wallpapers on my phone. The first is from Lara Casey. If you don't get her newsletter, you should sign up on her blog. I met Lara another lifetime ago when I owned an event planning company. (We are named after the same movie character!) Then I attended Making Things Happen in 2010. It changed the course of my life. The ladies responsible for the workshop are amazing and sold out for Jesus! It was exactly what I needed. And even now, years out of the wedding biz, it shapes me every time I revisit my notes. The hashtag #IntentionalAugust has an awesome newsletter and Instagram feed to go with it. You should check it out.
The second is a phenomenal quote. Stop and ponder. What if I stopped planning, wondering, what if-ing and actually made a decision and made something happen today instead of waiting for something to happen to me? Karen Lamb is on to something.
So what are you doing to make your August more intentional?
Linked up here:









