Wednesday

31! Brussels sprouts for my birthday!

Yes! I turned 31 and my sweet husband had to work all day so I played with Mr. T and Mr. F all day and was left to my own devices for dinner. I just happened to have some Brussels Sprouts on hand, they are one of my favorites! So I made balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts.


Wash, trim and quarter a pound of Brussels sprouts. Put them in a bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar and let them soak for 5 minutes or so. Then add in 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil and toss. Place on a baking sheet, I prefer stoneware, cut side down and put into a 400 degree oven. After 10 minutes, rotate the pan for even cooking and add a handful of pecan halves and dried unsweetened cranberries. Roast for 7 more minutes then remove from the oven, place in your serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan or feta cheese. Enjoy!

So when he did finally get home, my sweet hubby brought me a cake and some lovely roses! He's a keeper!






Pin It!