Ya'll, we got the ick. Not only did we get the ick, we got it while Mr. J was out of town and there was no one here to help me with two very sick boys. Mr. T got the vomiting end and Mr. F got the terrible diapers. At least both boys didn't have both and it did not last the 7 days their pediatrician's nurse said it could! But of course they gave it to me about the time they started feeling better.
Poor Mr. T even put himself to bed with his "bucket" at one point. I think Mr. J felt really bad about being gone for a whole week and everyone getting sick while he was away. He brought me home chocolate :)
We've been having a lot of low key fun this week since we were still feeling a little tired from such a nasty virus. I found this great book at Goodwill a few months ago and this was the first time I had pulled it out to make anything. We made Moses' Miracle muck and Mr. T loved it! He played for 35 minutes with the amazing bowl of cornstarch and water. Awesome! Mr. F did not get to play since he's still at the everything goes in his mouth stage, but he's been having a lot of musical instrument fun this week so it was OK.
We found this little booger on my kitchen basil plant. He's a leafhopper as far as I can tell, I just haven't been able to identify which one. But he left us a super awesome little surprise! You can see how teeny he was and to think he basically erupted into the insect Mr. T is holding is just so cool. God is really creative!
We made it to Whitley's to pick some berries, too. The blackberries were amazing! And the blueberries were so sweet, we will definitely be going back very soon for more. You can see Mr. F and Mr. T were both overly warm and ready to go when we were done. Note to self: go earlier in the day next time.
I also posted a collage filled post this week of our Preschool curriculum picks for this year. I'm a little off schedule here from being Dr. Mom and sick mom, but I'm so glad we are all feeling much better now. We are looking forward to a great week with lots of daddy time!
What are your plans for this holiday week?
We are linked up here:






