Thursday

Thoughtful Thursday: To Everything There is a Season


To everything there is a season. Everything in God's time, and His time is perfect. As a special needs mom, I struggle with this. A lot. And while we were out picking blueberries this week, I was struck with how incredible God's timing really is. Like this blueberry bush, in our season we have an abundance of fruit, though not all of it is perfectly ripe at the same time. This allows us to mature and to keep giving of our God given gifts for a longer period of time.

This beautiful reminder came on a day I was reeling with how far we still have to go with Mr. T's Apraxia. The Spirit knows when we are weak and when our souls are crying out and if we will just be still, and sometimes look right in front of us, God is always speaking strength to our weakness. He is faithful, and I am so glad His mercies are new every single day. I sometimes forget to notice all the ripe fruit Mr. T has because I focus on where we "should" be.

What fruits are you thankful for right now in this moment?

Pin It!