Friday

Holiday Week Collage Friday


We have been having a lot of fun! Daddy (aka Mr. J) has been home all week and that is such a rare and wonderful treat! He accompanied us Monday to pick some delish berries from a local no-spray farm .We may have over picked and I may have made a super small batch of both blue and black berry honey jam. I may even be planning on picking up some more berries and honey and jars and lids to make a larger batch for gifting. :) Mr. T ate at least a half pound of blackberries while we were picking.I love being able to take the boys to functioning farms as part of our homeschool learning. I think it helps instill a special kind of respect for how God made everything work together for good and how we are to take care of the land God has given us.

homeschool, nature study, berry picking

We also went on our monthly gluten free grocery pilgrimage. We watched blue crabs and crayfish at the farmers market. That place is so cool, but they don't like you taking pictures inside so we abide by that rule. But the curry you see is one of my absolute favorite things to use in the kitchen! Add any kind of ground meat and put it over rice or serve alongside a baked sweet potato and you have a quick and yummy dinner!

We also saw the coolest scooter and side car outside of Trader Joes! Mr. T really wanted to get in. The owner wasn't around to ask, so I couldn't say yes to that one. :( Maybe next time!

toddler homeschool, farmers market field trip

The weather this year has really agreed with my herb garden, which was my front flower bed at some point in the past. It has been totally taken over and this was about 1/4 of what needed to be harvested, but the weather was not cooperating so I'll be back at it again if it dries up this week. I think we will be making some drawer sachets and herbed salts for Christmas gifts this year. I love finding spider webs when the owner isn't home. They are delightful and are just one of the truly innovative and beautiful sights God has blessed us with. I wish I could feel that way about the creature that make them, but my picture is next to arachnophobia in the dictionary. Am I alone in that?

homeschool, nature, drying herbs

With all the wet weather, I had to say yes to the boys playing in the rain while the storms were taking a break. It was so fun to watch them exploring. I love the rain and how green and lush it makes everything. That's our butterfly garden through the living room window. The flowers are in between blooms but the milkweed is crazy big! We also watched The Princess Bride. It's the first time Mr. T has set down and watched it with me. I am delighted to report he loved it!

toddler homeschool, playing in the rain

Mr. T has also taken to hijacking our iPhones and taking selfies. I ended up in this one. He's such a ham. We shared a July 4th themed dessert of raspberries, blueberries, creme fraiche and honey. Good stuff!  I posted on the blog this week from Ecclesiastes. It is so important to remember that God gave a season to everything.

Ecclesiastes, mom son fun

We are linked up here:


Homegrown Learners

Pin It!