Friday

Weekly Wrap Up: Homeschool when Mom's Down


black and white, homeschool, preschool

Our homeschool this week: Mom's back is out so I've been playing with photo filters and I love seeing how black and white can really change the feel of an image. I did manage to take Mr. T to see The Velveteen Rabbit at the CPVA in Newnan. It was a great show and he sat through (minus one potty break) all 50 minutes! He even waved bye bye to the bunnies.

This is major progress and for you moms with 2-3 year olds, bite the bullet and start them early WITHOUT technology. If you want your kiddos to learn how to sit still and use their big kid manners, teach them from the beginning. If you provide an iPhone at 2 and 3, at 13 you will wonder why they can't get through a church service without "entertainment". Do the hard (and sometimes embarrassing) work when they are little. If you have to get up and leave after 20 minutes, celebrate the 20 minutes and shoot for 30 next time. It will pay off!

homeschool, preschool, sorting activities, LEGO
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our homeschool by shopping through them. For more information see our Disclosure page.*

LEGO's! They are wonderful For speech practice, for encouraging reading, and for keeping little minds occupied while riding in the car. The creativity that these blocks bring out in children is wonderful. The DUPLO Read and Build sets are so cute and lots of fun as the story shows your little one how to build the characters!

Brothers: We have had a huge amount of sibling bonding. I would love some tips to encourage this to continue.

Family: We had family portraits made by the lovely Katie Snyder, Atlanta Photographer. Mr. F fell asleep on the way there. It was the first real family portraits we've had made since I was 7 weeks pregnant with Mr. F. They were a tad overdue. While we can't afford professional portraits all the time, I do want to be more intentional about making sure the 4 of us are photographed together more. Is there something you are trying to be more intentional about?

homeschool, preschool, Montesssori, Rageddy Andy stories, gluten free

Phonics apps are wonderful and we got this one when it was on sale, but it is totally worth the $19.99! Phonics and Reading with McGuffey is one of Mr. T's favorite things to do on the iPad. Another great homeschool investment. There are so many great apps, I really believe it pays for itself in the workbooks and toner and paper it saves.

Mr. F is enjoying lots of fun sensory play and Montessori activities. He loves our Melissa and Doug puzzles. And playing peek a boo. Our read aloud time currently include Raggedy Andy Stories . They are so sweet and I just love reading them. The boys play quietly and I think they like the time together.

Gluten Free: We found Glutino Toaster Pasteries. GF pop tarts. Oh my! I was so exited and Mr. T loves them! Yay for a new treat!

What fun things did you do in your homeschool this week?

Homegrown Learners

Pin It!